Base price of the 2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring is $30,695. Add the Premium Package, $835 delivery charge and a few minor extras and the total comes to $34,350.
Considering all the luxury features, safety equipment and fun-to-drive factor, the 2017 Mazda6 could be a compelling choice for the motorist who sees a journey as more than just a way to get from place to place.
2017 Mazda6 Grand Touring, price and key specifications as tested
Body style/layout: 4-door midsize sedan, front engine/front-wheel drive
Base price: $30,695
Price as tested: $34,350
* Type: 2.5 liter inline 4
* Displacement, cc: 2488
* Block/head material: aluminum/aluminum
* Compression ratio: 13.0:1
* Horsepower: 184 @ 5700 rpm
* Torque: 185 @ 3250 rpm
* Recommended fuel: regular unleaded
* Fuel economy, EPA est.: 27 mpg city/35 mpg highway
Fuel economy, observed: 31 mpg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
* Suspension, front/rear: MacPherson strut/multilink
* Wheels: 19 X 7.5 inch cast aluminum
* Tires: 225/45R19
* Brakes: 4-wheel disc
Steering: Electrically operated, variable assist rack-and-pinion
* Wheelbase: 111.4 inches
* Length: 191.5 inches
* Height: 57.1 inches
* Width: 72.4 in.
* Curb weight: 3,250 lbs
* Trunk volume: 14.8 cubic feet
Fuel tank: 16.4 gallons
* Airbags: Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Dual-Stage Airbags, Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Side Airbags, Side Curtain Airbags
* Anti-lock brakes: Yes Traction control: Yes Stability control: Yes Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes Brake assist: Yes
Other: Lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, hill-launch assist, blind-spot monitor, rearview camera, rear cross-traffic alert, forward collision warning with automatic brake assist, automatic high beams and adaptive cruise control.
Warranty: 3-year/36,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty, 3-year/36,000 miles Roadside Assistance and 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain