Base price of the 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum is $53,235. Add $695 for the heated second-row bucket seats, $150 for a second-row console and the $845 delivery charge, and the total comes to $55,025.
You can get an equally functional Ford Explorer for less money, but if you crave Lincoln-like luxury the 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum is the way to go.
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, price and key specifications
Body style/layout: 5-door SUV, front engine/all-wheel drive
Base price: $53,235
As tested: $55,025
• Type: 3.5-liter, 24-valve, twin-turbocharged V-6
• Displacement, cc: 3496
• Block/head material: aluminum/aluminum
• Compression ratio: 10:1
• Horsepower: 365 @ 5500 rpm
• Torque: 350 @ 3500 rpm
• Recommended fuel: regular unleaded
• Fuel economy, EPA est.: 16/22 mpg city/highway
• Fuel economy observed: 17-22 mpg
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
• Suspension, front/rear: MacPherson strut / multilink
• Wheels: 20-inch alloy
• Tires: 255/50R20
• Brakes: 4-wheel disc; 13.85-inch dia. front/13.5-inch dia. rear
• Steering: electric power rack-and-pinion
• Turning circle: 39.8 ft.
• Wheelbase: 112.8 in.
• Length: 198.3 in.
• Height: 70 in.
• Width: 78.9 in.
• Curb weight: 4,890 lbs
• Cargo volume, min/max: 21.0/81.7 cu. ft.
• Fuel tank: 18.6 gal.
• Airbags: Front, front side, passenger knee, side curtain, inflatable rear belts
• Anti-lock brakes: Yes Traction control: Yes Stability control: Yes Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes Emergency brake assist: Yes
• Other: 180-degree front and rearview camera with washers, forward and reverse sensing, blind spot information system, cross traffic alert, lane-keeping system, adaptive cruise control with collision warning with brake support, automatic high- and low-beam headlights
Warranty: 3-year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper; 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain; 5-year/60,000 mile safety restraint system, 5-year/unlimited-mile corrosion