Combine all of that with the $975 delivery charge and the total comes to $39,450.
The 2017 CT 200h may be the least expensive hybrid in the Lexus portfolio, but customers prioritizing maximum fuel efficiency might want to take a look down market to the Toyota brand hybrids.
The various Prius models are more efficient and have base prices ranging from about $27,000 to $31,000. The Toyota RAV4 hybrid is a compact crossover vehicle with more cargo space, similar base price and lots of modern features. In a different direction, there are the larger and more comfortable Toyota Camry hybrid sedans. They have similar fuel mileage figures and prices starting from about $24,500 to $33,000.
The purchase of a Toyota or Lexus pretty much guarantees that you will get a well-built, durable vehicle. It’s up to you to figure out which one best fits your needs and budget.
2017 Lexus CT 200h, price and key specifications as tested
Body style/layout: 5-door compact hatchback, front engine/front-wheel drive
Base price: $31,250
Price as tested: $39,450
• Type: 16-valve, Atkinson-cycle I-4
• Displacement, cc: 1.8-liter
• Block/head material: aluminum/aluminum
• Compression ratio: 13.0:1
• Horsepower: 98 @ 5,200 rpm
• Torque: 105 @ 4,400 rpm
• Recommended fuel: regular unleaded
• Fuel economy, EPA est.: 43/40 mpg city/highway
• Fuel economy, observed: 46 highway, 42 city mpg
Permanent magnet motor to drive front wheels
• 650 volts
• 80 horsepower
Total system power: 134 hp
Transmission: continuously variable automatic
• Suspension, front/rear: MacPherson struts/double wishbone
• Wheels: 17x 7.0-inch alloy
• Tires: 215/45R17
• Brakes: 4-wheel disc, vented at front wheels
• Steering: electric power rack-and-pinion
• Turning circle: 36.8 ft.
• Wheelbase: 102.4 in.
• Length: 171.3 in.
• Height: 57.3 in.
• Width: 69.5 in.
• Curb weight: 3,130 lbs
• Cargo volume, min/max: 16.8/34.8 cu. ft.
• Fuel tank: 11.9 gal.
• Airbags: Front, front side, driver knee, side curtain
• Anti-lock brakes: Yes Traction control: Yes Stability control: Yes Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes Brake assist: Yes
• Other: Rear-view camera; smart-stop technology; Lexus Enform safety connect, which provides automatic collision and stolen car notification; and an SOS button for emergency assistance.
Warranty: 4-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper with roadside assistance; 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain; 6-year/unlimited-mile corrosion, 8-year/100,000-mile hybrid related components, including HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid-control module and inverter with converter