Seats are comfortable and looked durable, and ours had an attractive leatherette with blue-with-circuit-board pattern upgraded cloth. It’s part of the $670 LT Plus package, which also includes six-way power driver’s seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and the rear park assist. Steering wheel controls and cruise control are all standard. On the other hand, the interior, which has a lot of useful features, has a hard plastic feel, unbecoming of a vehicle with the $25,315 bottom line for our as-equipped Trax LT AWD.
The 2015 Chebrolet Trax is available in LS base trim starting at $20,995, or $22,495 with all-wheel drive. The LT trim with all-wheel drive, like our tester, comes in at $25,319, and the full-lux—as much as a Trax can be called lux—LTZ starts at $25,905 for front-wheel drive and $27,405 for all-wheel drive. We were able, throwing everything in the Trax option and accessories book at the LTZ, for a $30,530. We doubt many will be sold at that price.
The small crossover class has some stiff competition, and the 2015 Chevrolet Trax would be more palatable with more accommodating interior materials. But the 2015 wasn’t a vehicle we were aching to see leave our driveway, especially with all-wheel drive. Let’s, as they said in the sixties, get small.
2015 Chevrolet Trax LT AWD, price and key specifications as tested
Body style/layout: 5-door crossover, front engine/all-wheel drive
Base price: $23,945
Price as tested: $25,315
- Type: 1.4-liter 16-valve DOHC turbocharged I-4
- Displacement, cc: 1364
- Block/head material: cast iron/aluminum
- Compression ratio: 9.5:1
- Horsepower: 138 @ 4900 rpm
- Torque: 148 @ 1850-4900 rpm
- Recommended fuel: regular unleaded
- Fuel economy, EPA est.: 24/31 mpg city/highway
- Fuel economy, observed: mpg
- Suspension, front/rear: McPherson strut / torsion beam
- Wheels: 16 x 6.5-inch alloy
- Tires: 205/70R16
- Brakes: 4-wheel disc; 11.8-inch dia. front/10.6-inch dia. rear
- Steering: electric power rack-and-pinion
- Turning circle: 36.7 ft.
- Wheelbase: 100.6 in.
- Length: 168.5 in.
- Height: 65.9 in.
- Width: 69.9 in.
- Curb weight: 3,283 lbs
- Trunk volume: 18.7/48.4 cu. ft.
- Fuel tank: 14.0 gal.
- Airbags: Front, front knee, front side, rear side, side curtain
- Anti-lock brakes: Yes Traction control: Yes Stability control: Yes Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes Brake assist: Yes
- Other: rear-view camera, cornering brake control
Warranty: 3-year/36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper; 5-year/100,000 mile powertrain; 2-year/24,000-mile scheduled service