2014 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring PRHT, price and key specifications
Body style/layout: 2-door Retractable Hardtop, front engine/rear-wheel drive
Base price: $29,450 plus $795 destination
Price as tested: $32,285 with destination
* Type: 2.0 liter 16-valve DOHC inline 4
* Displacement, cc: 1999
* Block/head material: aluminum/aluminum
* Compression ratio: 10.8:1
* Horsepower: 167 @ 7000 rpm
* Torque: 140 @ 5000 rpm
* Recommended fuel: premium unleaded (recommended)
* Fuel economy, EPA est.: 21/28/24 mpg city/highway/combined
* Fuel economy, observed: 22.7 miles per gallon in combination of (quick) in-town and drive-it-like-you-stole-it freeway driving
Transmission: 6-speed manual
* Suspension, front/rear: Double wishbone / multilink
* Wheels: 17 x 7-inch cast aluminum
* Tires: 205/45R17 Summer
* Brakes: 4-wheel disc; 11.4-inch dia. front/11.0-inch dia. rear
* Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist Steering (HPAS), rack-and-pinion
* Turning circle: 30.8 ft.
* Wheelbase: 91.7 in.
* Length: 157.3 in.
* Height: 49.0 in.
* Width: 67.7 in.
* Curb weight: 2,511 lbs
* Trunk volume: 5.3 cu. ft.
* Fuel tank: 12.7 gal.
* Airbags: Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Dual-Stage Airbags, Driver’s and Front Passenger’s Side Airbags
* Anti-lock brakes: Yes Traction control: Yes Stability control: Yes Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes
Warranty: 3-year/36,000 mile ‘bumper-to-bumper’ warranty and 5-year/60,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. 24-hour roadside assistance for 3-years/36,000 miles is also included.