2012 Dodge Charger SXT, price and key specifications, as tested
Base price: $28,495
As tested: $32,110 (includes $825 destination charge)
Standard comfort/convenience features include 6-speaker premium audio system, UConnectd information and entertainment system, Bluetooth voice command, dual-zone climate control, 12-way power driver seat.
Blacktop package includes paddle shifters, sport mode, upgraded sound system, gloss black aluminum wheels, gloss black honeycomb grille, performance suspension, sport cloth bucket seats: $1,795
Navigation/Rear Back-up Camera Group includes 1-year satellite radio service, Uconnect Touch information and entertainment system: $995
Body style/layout: Rear-wheel-drive four-door sedan
- Type: 3.6-liter, 24-valve, V-6
- Displacement, cc: 3604
- Block/head material: aluminum
- Compression ratio: 10.2:1
- Horsepower: 292 @6350 rpm
- Torque: 260 lb.ft.@ 4800 rpm
- Recommended fuel: unleaded regular
- Fuel economy, EPA est.: 19/31 mpg city/highway
- Fuel economy, observed: 23.8 mpg
Transmission: 8-speed automatic
- Suspension, front/rear: independent SLA, five-link
- Wheels: 20 x 8.0 aluminum
- Tires: 245/45R20
- Brakes: four-wheel disc; 12.6-inch dia. front/12.6-inch dia. rear
Steering: Power rack-and-pinion Turning circle: 38.7 feet
- Wheelbase: 120.2 in.
- Length: 199.9 in.
- Height: 58.4 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Curb weight: 3,996 pounds
- Trunk volume: 16.5 cu. ft.
- Fuel Tank: 19.1 gal.
- Airbags: Front, front side, head/torso
- Anti-lock brakes: Yes; Traction control: Yes; Stability control: Yes; Electronic brake-force distribution: Yes; Brake assist: Yes
- Other: crumple zones, child-seat anchors, reactive head restraints
Warranty: 3-Year/36,000-mile basic; 5-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain