2012 Chevrolet Sonic 5DR 1LT, prices and specifications, as tested
Base price: $15,735
Comfort/Convenience: Power windows w/express driver up/down, deluxe cloth seat trim, 4-way driver seat adjustment, rear seat split/folding, floor mats front & rear, air conditioning, air filtration system, steering column tilt and telescopic, XM Radio (6-month trial subscription), AM/FM CD w/auxiliary jack, premium sound w/six speakers, air bags front, side, head curtain
* Engine 1.4 liter Ecotec Turbo w/six-speed manual transmission: $700
* Victory Red exterior: N/C
* Jet Black/Dark Titanium cloth interior: N/C
* Connectivity Plus Cruise Package includes cruise control, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth and USB Port: $375
* Destination: $760
Body style/layout: 5-door hatch, front engine/front-wheel drive
* Type: 1.4-liter 16-valve DOHC turbocharged I-4
* Displacement, cc: 1364
* Block/head material: cast iron/aluminum
* Horsepower: 138 hp @ 4900 rpm
* Torque: 148 lb-ft @ 1850-4900 rpm
* Recommended fuel: unleaded 87 octane
* Fuel economy, EPA est.: 29/40 mpg city/highway
* Fuel economy, observed: 29.9 mpg (closed course, professional driver – reckless speeds)
Transmission: 6-speed manual trans standard with 1.4 Turbo
*Suspension,front/rear: MacPherson struts with stabilizer bar/semi-independent torsion beam with coil springs
* Wheels: 15-inch alloy
* Tires: 195/65R15
* Brakes: Front disc/rear drum; 10.8-inch diameter front/9.0-inch diameter rear
* Steering: electric power steering
* Turning circle: 34.5 cubic feet
* Wheelbase: 99.4 in.
* Length: 159.0 in.
* Height: 59.7 in.
* Width: 68.3 in.
* Curb weight: 2,810 lbs
* Trunk volume: 19.0 cu. ft. (behind rear seats)/30.7 cu. ft. (rear seats folded)
* Fuel tank: 12.2 gal.
Warranty: Chevy 100,000 mile/5-year transferable powertrain/three years or 36,000 miles bumper-to-bumper.
Category: Car Reviews