2012 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, prices and key specifications, as tested
Base price: $46,500
Features: HID Xenon adaptive headlights, headlight LED accents, fog lights, power-folding heated outside mirrors w/ turn signals, acoustic windshield/front side windows, rain-sensing wipers, auto windshield defogger, dual automatic climate control, leather seating, 8-way power driver seat w/ memory, 4-way power passenger seat, heated front and rear seats, cooled driver seat, leather-wrapped dash and door panel trim, aluminum interior trim, woodgrain-trimmed leather steering wheel, power tilt/telescoping wheel, Bluetooth, intelligent cruise control, power rear sunshade, trip computer, power windows w/ front auto up/down, proximity key w/ pushbutton start, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, front,/front and rear side/side curtain airbags, AM/FM/XM/HD/iPod/USB/AUX 6-CD changer/MP3 Lexicon 7.3 surround sound w/ 17 speakers, 11-channel digital external amplifier, navigation w/ 8-inch touch screen/nav traffic : std
- Bridgestone performance tires: $1,400
- Destination: $850
Body style/layout: 4-door sedan, front engine/rear-wheel drive
- Type: 5.0-liter 32-valve DOHC V-8
- Displacement, cc: 5038
- Block/head material: aluminum/aluminum
- Horsepower: 429 hp @ 6400 rpm
- Torque: 376 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm
- Recommended fuel: unleaded premium
- Fuel economy, EPA est.: 16/25 mpg city/highway
- Fuel economy, observed: n.a.
Transmission: 8-speed automatic w/ paddle shift
- Suspension, front/rear: 5-link / 5-link-link
- Wheels: 19-inch alloy
- Tires: 245/45R19
- Brakes: 4-wheel disc; 13.6-inch dia. front/12.4-inch dia. rear
- Steering: electro-hydraulic power rack-and-pinion
- Turning circle: 36.0 ft.
- Wheelbase: 115.6 in.
- Length: 196.3 in.
- Height: 58.1 in.
- Width: 74.4 in.
- Curb weight: 4,024-4,132 lbs
- Trunk volume: 15.9 cu. ft.
- Fuel tank: 20.3 gal.
Warranty: 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper, 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain, 5-year roadside assistance